You are here
The Academy vision is to create a world class training and education environment for researchers in the fields of blood borne and sexually transmitted infections
We aim to achieve this by:
- Harnessing and building on the successful graduate and training programmes at UCL, LSHTM, PHE
- Attracting the very best talent to train at the HPRU
- Developing active collaborations with other HPRUs and their academies
- Encouraging international collaborations
Results to date:
Our short term-goal was to recruit the first cohort of student to our PhD studentship programme. We advertised in September and successfully appointed to four UCL/NIHR PhD studentships. Our students come from different backgrounds and with contrasting experiences. They are taking on a diverse range of projects across the partner institutions. They began their full-time appointments in January 2016.
- Our second cohort of PhD students will be taking up their full-time appointments in September 2016.
- We will be starting the HPRU seminars from 2016.
Dr Greta Rait
Academy Lead, National Institute for Health Research Health Protection Research Unit (HPRU) in Blood Borne and Sexually Transmitted Infections at University College London